Bar Admission 2002
Law degree, University of Sherbrooke (LLB)
A Sherbrooke lawyer, Frédérick practices insurance law. He assists and advises clients in their day-to-day business and in complex files. He accompanies them in prevention and dispute settlements and represents them before administrative and judicial tribunals.Read more
Frédérick executes mandates in all areas of insurance law, including:
- Interpretation of insurance policy;
- Legal opinion on insurance coverage, the obligation to defend, the obligation to indemnify, etc.;
- Disaster recovery investigation;
- Statutory examination of the insured;
- Late notice of claim;
- Drafting denial coverage letters or coverage letters with reservations;
- Wellington type motions;
- Defense of the insured (obligation to defend);
- Right to compensation of the hypothecary creditor or preferred creditor;
- Nullity ab initio of the insurance policy;
- Insured’s intentional fault;
- Claim for fraudulent insurance benefits and loss of entitlement to insurance benefits;
- Subrogatory remedy of the insurer;
- Insurer’s civil liability;
- Insurance broker’s professional liability;
- Access to information;
- Ethics (insurance brokers and claims adjusters);
- Injury assessment.
He taught at the École du Barreau du Québec from 2007 to 2018, namely in insurance law and drafting of legal proceedings.
He demonstrates a great deal of legal rigor in the analysis of his files. He makes a point of being precise and concise with his clients but is also excellent at ensuring they understand all aspects of the file.
- Civil and Professional Code
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Law
I'm an accredited trainer by the Chamber of Damage Insurance (ChAD). I regularly act as a speaker for insurance companies, insurance brokerage and claims adjuster firms.
Since 2014, I have been a member of the board of the Christian Vachon Foundation. The mission of this foundation is to support children’s perseverance educational success by giving everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
I have also been a member of the Cegep de Sherbrooke Foundation’s Board of Directors since 2015.
Labour and Employment
Medical Masks Mandatory At All Times in All Quebec Workplaces
Since July 18, 2020, masks or face coverings have been mandatory in all enclosed and partially enclosed public places for anyone over the age of 12 years old in the province of Quebec.
Technology, Intellectual Property and Communications
Canada’s Crack Down on Data Privacy and What This Could Mean for International Business
With many individuals working from home, cyberattacks of all kinds are on the rise.
Labour and Employment
COVID-19 Vaccine: Employee Choice or Employer Requirement?
During a recent press conference, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reiterated that those who wish to be vaccinated against COVID-19, will be able to receive their vaccine by the end of September 2021.
Contact Frédérick Breton