Bar Admission 2014
Bachelor of Law Degree from Université Laval (LL.B.)
Masters in Business Law from Université de Montréal (LL.M.)
A business lawyer in Montreal, Guillaume has, since the beginning of his practice, accompanied and advised a vast clientele of small and medium-sized entrepreneurs from various sectors of activity in various facets of business law. Whether it is for the implementation of various commercial projects or to assist businesses, their officers and shareholders, they call upon Guillaume for the drafting, review and negotiation of a wide range of legal documents related to commercial transactions. Driven by the entrepreneurial growth of his clients, Guillaume has, over the course of past mandates, acquired significant experience in franchising and business transfers, in addition to developing a consulting approach focused on the business needs of his clients.Read more
In parallel with his practice, Guillaume teaches business law, contract law, real estate law and legal drafting at the university level and at the Bar School, in addition to occasionally giving conferences. Concerned about the importance of supporting the next generation of lawyers in his community, he is involved in the process of integrating and mentoring the firm's talents in addition to being responsible for his area of practice for the Montreal office.
Involved in his community and the Montreal business community, he currently sits as president, director and member of various boards and committees. Guillaume also frequently writes articles in business law for various forums.
We appreciate Guillaume's efficiency, rigor and versatility. An accomplished sportsman, Guillaume is a team player who knows how to complete his mandates and build lasting relationships with his clients and the various business partners with whom he works.
- Business Consultancy
- Business Law
- Business Start-Ups
- Business Succession Planning
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Reorganization
- Distribution Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Franchise Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Law
- Shareholder Agreements
Since the beginning of my career, I am constantly on the lookout for my clients' needs and concerned about providing them with the best tools and advice so that they limit their risks and properly structure their activities both legally and in terms of business. I have been involved over the years in many large-scale transactions and projects, in particular :
- in numerous business transfers and acquisitions, including purchase and sale of assets or shares, family succession planning and even asset acquisitions by court order;
- in large-scale corporate reorganizations, start-up of numerous businesses, including technology start-ups now doing business around the world, and negotiations of complex shareholder agreements;
- in the establishment of numerous franchise networks, more particularly in the fields of professional, medical and aesthetic services, retail sales and fast food restaurants;
- in the marketing of numerous products and services in the retail, fashion and ready-to-wear sectors, in the Quebec cultural milieu and in social economy businesses;
- in cases involving shareholders or investors in venture capital financings;
- in the strategic planning of numerous companies and in the accompaniment of senior management and boards of directors in various business projects.
Recognizing the importance of giving back to the community and trying as much as possible to make a difference in the environment in which we live, I have always advocated social involvement. Whether in the academic, entrepreneurial, organizations working with disadvantaged citizens or in the cultural sector, I have been involved for several years on various boards and committees to invest in causes and projects that are important to me.
Intellectual Property and Information Technology
Saint-Hyacinthe Convention Centre
8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Redifussion : TCJ's meetingsRegister
New Year… new rules for Quebec enterprises in terms of corporate transparency!
The Act mainly to improve the transparency of enterprises, also known as Bill 78 (SLQ 2021, c 19) ("Bill 78") which was given assent on June 8, 2021 will finally come into force on March 31, 2023.
Business, Commercial and Corporate
How to Minimize the Impact of your Contracts in Connection with COVID-19?
For a few weeks now and particularly in the last few days, many of you have been wondering about the negative impacts of COVID-19 on your business.
Contact Guillaume Lapierre