Your African business advisors
With a network of collaborators, we can accompany our Canadian clients in their projects in Africa, as well as our African clients wishing to do business in Canada.
Our Africa Division, composed of professionals dedicated to the African market. Over the past few years, our team has played a leading role in numerous mandates in some thirty countries in the African region, more specifically in West Africa and North Africa. These mandates are in many areas of law, including:
- International business support
- Legislative and policy analysis
- International representation agreement
- International distribution agreement
- Joint venture and international co-development agreements
- Creation and acquisition of businesses
- Registration and international management of intellectual property portfolios
- Dispute resolution
- International technology transfer
- Public and private financing
- Debt collection (our firm currently represents several major Canadian financial institutions in this type of mandate)
In addition, our dedicated litigation professionals represent numerous businesses and organizations in a variety of claims and collection matters, including several major Canadian financial institutions. Our partnership with high quality local firms allows us to benefit, in addition to our experience, from a great knowledge of the workings and the authorities, as well as the procedures and remedies, allows us to be proud of our success rate.
Finally, through our affiliation with international networks of law firms, PLG International Lawyers, Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW) and USLAW, we are able to assist you in more than 50 countries.
- Business creation and mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate Compliance
- Due Diligence
- Information technology and the internet
- International Affairs Support
- International Arbitration
- International Business law
- International Trade
- Legislative and Political Analysis
- Real Estate Law
- Setting up partnerships
- Support in setting up a business plan
- Trademarks and other intellectual property
New Law Regarding the French Language in Quebec; Important Facts to Know for Businesses
Leading Intellectual Property Firm Benoît & Côté will join TCJ
The team of the intellectual property firm BENOÎT & CÔTÉ will join Therrien Couture Joli-Coeur to pursue their expansion together.
Technology and Information Governance
My company has suffered a data breach! Should I report it?
Reporting incidents of confidentiality will soon be mandatory in Quebec.