Your co-ownership legal advisers.
Our Co-ownership Law team assists syndicates of co-owners, directors, co-owners and managers of co-ownerships, both divided and undivided, for all their legal needs, in the form of legal advice and opinions, in the context of litigation or in mediation and arbitration.
We provide a wide range of personalized and quality services, whether in matters of declaration of co-ownership, meetings of co-owners, litigation, determination of the formula for allocation or collection of common expenses, or mediation and arbitration.
Our professionals will answer all your co-ownership questions, from verifying the building's documentation as part of the pre-purchase of a condo unit to its resale. They routinely draft and interpret complex contractual documents such as declarations of co-ownership.
- Advice and representation
- Amendment of Declaration of Co-ownership
- Analysis of the Declaration of Co-ownership and legal opinions
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Call for tenders
- Collection of common expenses
- Commercial and residential Leases
- Commercial leasing
- Condominium Law
- Contract Negotiating and Drafting
- Contract Termination
- Drafting of building regulations
- Faults, faulty work, defects or hidden defects
- Insurance trustee service
- Legal opinion
- Management and Development of Divided and Undivided Co-Ownerships
- Management of co-owners’ meetings
- Managing reference units
- Notice of exercise of a right of mortgage
- Notice of Legal Hypothec
- Obligations arising from the sale
- Private Nuisance
- Representation at a meeting
- Security analysis
- Support in the preparation of meetings
- Supporting syndicate in the event of loss of insurance coverage
- Updating the syndicate's records
- Verification of titles and leases
- Warranty plan management
- Written waiver or formal notice
Relocation of our Montreal office
As of November 19, 2021, the two Montreal offices will become one and will be situated at:
The College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents Starts its Activities
On June 28, 2021, Canada’s new College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents begins operations.
Immigration and International Mobility
Business Travel and COVID-19 Restrictions
For well over a year, businesses have been grappling with the effects of COVID-19 including the various travel restrictions imposed by provincial, federal, and foreign governments.