Your co-ownership legal advisers.
Our Co-ownership Law team assists syndicates of co-owners, directors, co-owners and managers of co-ownerships, both divided and undivided, for all their legal needs, in the form of legal advice and opinions, in the context of litigation or in mediation and arbitration.
We provide a wide range of personalized and quality services, whether in matters of declaration of co-ownership, meetings of co-owners, litigation, determination of the formula for allocation or collection of common expenses, or mediation and arbitration.
Our professionals will answer all your co-ownership questions, from verifying the building's documentation as part of the pre-purchase of a condo unit to its resale. They routinely draft and interpret complex contractual documents such as declarations of co-ownership.
- Advice and representation
- Amendment of Declaration of Co-ownership
- Analysis of the Declaration of Co-ownership and legal opinions
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Call for tenders
- Collection of common expenses
- Commercial and residential Leases
- Commercial leasing
- Contract Negotiating and Drafting
- Contract Termination
- Drafting of building regulations
- Faults, faulty work, defects or hidden defects
- Insurance trustee service
- Legal opinion
- Management and Development of Divided and Undivided Co-Ownerships
- Management of co-owners’ meetings
- Managing reference units
- Neighbourhood disturbances
- Notice of exercise of a right of mortgage
- Notice of Legal Hypothec
- Obligations arising from the sale
- Representation at a meeting
- Security analysis
- Support in the preparation of meetings
- Supporting syndicate in the event of loss of insurance coverage
- Updating the syndicate's records
- Verification of titles and leases
- Warranty plan management
- Written waiver or formal notice
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
End of controversy over section 243 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
The court of appeal ends controversy in connection with the appointment of a receiver under section 243 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
Business, Commercial and Corporate
Amendments to the Act Respecting the Legal Publicity of Enterprises - Corporate Transparency at the Heart of Priorities
Amendments to the Act Respecting the Legal Publicity of Enterprises aimed at promoting corporate transparency and the reliability of the information presented which came into force on March 17th, 2020.
Changes to Travel Restrictions for Immediate Family Members of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made a new announcement on June 8th, 2020, regarding the reunification of Canadian citizens and permanent residents as well as their immediate families.