Bar Admission 1983
Law degree, Université de Montréal (LLL)
In 2009, he received the honorary distinction of Advocatus Emeritus (Ad. E.) for being one of the lawyers who has contributed the most to the reflection in the field of co-ownership law in Quebec.
Since the beginning of his career, Yves has been involved in important achievements such as the www.condolegal.com website, a tool used for educating the general public of co-ownership law.
- Advice and representation
- Amendment of Declaration of Co-ownership
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Civil Litigation
- Collection of common expenses
- Commercial and residential Leases
- Commercial leasing
- Construction Law
- Contract Negotiating and Drafting
- Contract Termination
- Drafting of building regulations
- Faults, faulty work, defects or hidden defects
- Insurance trustee service
- Management and Development of Divided and Undivided Co-Ownerships
- Management of co-owners’ meetings
- Managing reference units
- Notice of exercise of a right of mortgage
- Obligations arising from the sale
- Real Estate Law
- Representation at a meeting
- Updating the syndicate's records
- Verification of titles and leases
- Warranty plan management
Aware of the issues facing co-ownership actors, I have intervened with decision-makers to guide the evolution of its legal framework.
I regularly act as a speaker and give interviews on public interest information programs.
The accessibility of the rules of law concerning co-ownership is very important to me. I advise and represent several co-owners and syndicates of co-onwership in the defence of their rights. I am the founder and general secretary of the Regroupement des copropriétaires et des gestionnaires du Québec (RGCQ) and I devote myself to various current events in this field.
Leading Intellectual Property Firm Benoît & Côté will join TCJ
The team of the intellectual property firm BENOÎT & CÔTÉ will join Therrien Couture Joli-Coeur to pursue their expansion together.
Technology and Information Governance
My company has suffered a data breach! Should I report it?
Reporting incidents of confidentiality will soon be mandatory in Quebec.
Relocation of our Montreal office
As of November 19, 2021, the two Montreal offices will become one and will be situated at:
Contact Yves Joli-Coeur